Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The frustration of naming a blog

I found it incredibly challenging naming this blog and ended up choosing a Black Adder reference. For no reason that I could possibly imagine.

I'm definitely opposed to blogging for the sake of blogging, which is ironic because this blog is largely that - though the intention is obviously to get experience at blogging. I can also see the benefits of blogs having now surfed around a number of pretty cool sites.

In a stream-of-consciousness kind of way it's amazing what a dangerous part the car plays in modern life. I suspect most of us have been involved in a car accident of some kind. At a recent library professional gathering one person, claiming to be in late thirties, confessed to being involved in 11 car accidents. Fortunately none were serious. This generated some amusement (particularly the impressive strike rate) but it underlines the serious nature of travel by road. Roll on teleportation devises.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Dear Chris

Not sure how we got from blogs to stick insects to car accidents, but mindful meandering is good for the soul.

The hardest part (the naming ceremony) is over so enjoy the Program!

Victoria

micmadmas said...

Hello there, I have to concur with Victoria -
i'm just as lost :-) But I do agree that it was hard coming up with a name - and yours is far more interesting than mine!

I'm think I'm guilty of mindless meandering in a blog though but I'm still having a lot of fun anyway adding bits and pieces -probably spending wayyyy tooo much time...

Enjoy!